Monday, April 28, 2008

Anzac Day

Well, I hope we did not offend anyone with our fancy dress theme for the last race at St G, but watching Donosan sail around in pink PJ's wearing a blond wig with rollers and sporting a 5 o'clock shadow made it worth while.

We were granted a perfect day with flat water and 20kt's from the south.

Dave one the race with John H close in second. Luka came third with Donosan 4th, Alan 5th and then me in 6th.

There were 17 moth's at the club which was a great turn out.

Phil did not sail after re-arranging his forefinger with a chisel and Scott not making it to the start in time with Mast issues.

In all, it was a great day. Now Revelations will go to hospital to receive her new foils and I will be spending the entire off season gybing and tacking. As I am more than happy with my boat speed my turns are awful.

Congrat's to Dave on taking the win and the new Anzac day plaque, also to Donosan who won the best dresses apron with rubber jubblies and Marty who took home a rather expensive clock with the fasted speed of the day at 23.1

We are going to make the Anzac Day race fancy dress every year now, so no excuses. In fact I think Joe the commodore of the club is going to encourage this for all classes.

Hope so.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And that clock has gone straight to the Pool Room - she's a beauty, I'll be disappointed if I don't win her back next year!

Marty J

Dave said...

I wish I owned a GPS so I could be fast too.