Monday, September 8, 2008

So close to the new season


Went out today in a 17-20 ssw at St George. Had a good hour on the water and looking forward to a few more days out before the season starts as this boat is teaching me new things every day.


Down wind speed reached 23nts in one gust, I did not push it too hard as I still didn't feel confident to do so and It has been some time since I have had a chance and conditions to do so.


Worked with carbon for the first time (yep,been in the class for 4years and never used it) Julian and I carboned the cockpit of his scow, the stern and sides of the hull where the wing bars sit. In true moth style Julian opted to due this in the dinning room of his new house (it's nearly finished with the timber floor yet to be sanded, they have not moved in yet).

But if Sandra new he'd probably be dead.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the new boat is going well for you. Any name yet?

Les

Anonymous said...

No, not yet.

I have always been slow with names.
Desision making is not a strong point.

Have any suggestions Les??