Monday, September 22, 2008

Season starts

Saturday's registration and practice race saw the start to the St George SC's race season.

Unfortunately only 6 or seven moths, 2 16's and a couple of MG's hit the water. Maybe the 20-30nt coastal warning turned people away and we were lucky enough to see gust's of up to 20 at most.

I didn't make the start of the practice race and was left behind on the first lap. once I got into the first lap I was more than happy with my speed both up and down wind.

I had a couple of problems that have to be sorted through out my laps i lost vang with the port side cleats not closing on the rope and Tacking, which has never been a problem for me is turning into a small problem that needs some adjusting.

Gybing though, is great which is a turn. mostly off starboard though :-)

I'm off to Noosa for the next three races so no racing for the meantime.

No comments: