Saturday, March 29, 2008

Back on foils

Turning up at the club on Saturday with a forecast of 5-10kt's was not promising. It seemed to be a States repeat.

Mark W came down to race only to return his boat to the shed and retire the day with visions of sore knees.

Donosan took our minds of the wind with his two piece mast becoming fused together. Rallying a few strong arms we spent a good part of the morning playing tug-of -war trying to twist it apart, finally separating it twenty minutes before the start. (thanks for the beer after the race Donosan), I'll help you any time.

As the morning went on the breeze did come in from the east about 10-12knt's. I was late to start with spreader problems and went through the gate 6th, with Steve a few minutes after me with Shagaimi.

On the fist work I managed to get into third with Dave around the mark first then Luka and me.

The Easterly course is a figure of 8 and not the easiest course to remember with Bruce, Steve and Shagaimi confused on the course direction. Due to this remaining third would be unchallenged unless I did something stupid.

Dave took the win for our final club championship race with luka second me third and I believe Kylie to be fourth.

Bruce retired from the race with gudgeon issues and Steve remained on the water to continue racing.

With two capsizes I could have done better, both were on port gybe which remains my weak point due to my hip.

Missing was Phil S, After having a ripper NSW states I think he wants to finish on a high.

Next week is a club point score and looking forward to it. Any way, Back to erecting the back fence.

Grant

No comments: